Speaking as someone who has a whopping collection of star wars toys that devalues (like the associated childhood memories) with each crappy prequel I feel I have to add my own pissy, whiny fanboy rant to this thread. I cannot understand how anyone could defend these movies. Usually that defence hinges around the phrase "the kids love it". Big fat hairy deal. "The Kids" love any movie that comes out and has a Macdonald's tie-in. Doesn't make them good movies.
Lucas no longer has any idea what made the original movie so great. All the flashy kid dazzling effects in the world can't hide huge leaps in logic, lame dialogue, dull characters and everything else that makes the prequels so shit.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm sure he meant that as a joke. Just like Yoda fighting with lightsabers, Jar Jar, Greedo shooting first, "the planet core", Darth Maul's exclusion from Phantom Menace, Ewan Mcgregor's hair cut, Yoda having all the military command skills of Field Marshall Hague and Zap Brannigan (wave after wave of my men are at your disposal...), Darth Sidious! Darth Tyrannus?!?, "I'll try spinning that's a good trick"... I could go on. Really I could.Quote:
"Hey, I better start writing the script!"
Hmmm maybe I did just post that rant after all.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 19, 2004 11:29 AM: Message edited by: Kiff_Kroker ]</font>
